- The Green Self-Builder is an off-shoot of its sister site for professionals www.greenspec.co.uk
- The aim of the site is to bring useful information about sustainable construction to prospective self-builders.
- The people contributing articles to the site are all construction professionals who have experience of their field of writing.
- The site is edited by Sandy Patience. Sandy is an architect who specialises in sustainable construction and is, as an author and journalist, committed to providing clear information to people unfamiliar with the construction industry.
- All contributions to the site have been provided freely and pro bono.
- The site’s design and maintenance is funded by banners and click-throughs to sponsors and advertisers. If you have the opportunity, please support us by visiting them.