Structural Insulated Panel (SIP)
A SIP is a pre-fabricated panel sandwich of two layers of Oriented Strand Board (OSB) bonded to a filling of polyurethane insulation (PUR). Unlike timber frame structures, the SIP is both panel and structure together. Relatively thin walls are achievable while providing substantial insulation capacity.
Pre-fabrication ensures that SIPs are manufactured to a high quality in the factory before delivery by lorry to site. Panels are erected as roof and walls using a crane. Cladding, finishes and services are added / installed by another contractor.
To learn more about SIPs as a building system see also 'Choosing a Building System'
OR Brick Cladding
Timber Stain (for timber cladding)
Some timber doesn't require the protection of a stain/paint. Species such as larch, oak and red cedar weather naturally. Ask the timber supplier for more details.
A breather membrane might also be included in the SIP package
Internal Lining Board
Make a Shortlist
- Select a Wall Material System ( or Roofing, Windows, Doors or Finishes)
- Browse the products and materials
- When you first select a product, it will take you to the SIGN-UP page
- Fill in your details
- Start adding products to your Shortlist!
- When you return, you will find the products listed through selecting the 'My House' button at the top of the page.
- Have fun!