Timber Closed-Frame Panel
Closed-Panel Timber Frame is a good example pre-fabrication or Modern Methods of Construction (MMC). It is closely related to the open-frame principle but where the structure is incorporated within a pre-fabricated panel. The panels are made and assembled in a factory from where they are transported to site. Nearly everything including insulation, doors, windows, services conduits can be pre-fitted. By assembling in the factory. much greater attention can be paid to detailing with tighter margins of error - useful when constructing a high performance building.
To learn more about the Timber Closed-Frame as a building system see also 'Choosing a Building System'
OR Brick Cladding
Timber Stain (for timber cladding)
Some timber doesn't require the protection of a stain/paint. Species such as larch, oak and red cedar weather naturally. Ask the timber supplier for more details.
Render Paint (for render)
The breather membrane might also be supplied by the panel supplier.
Timber Panel Supplier
Make a Shortlist
- Select a Wall Material System ( or Roofing, Windows, Doors or Finishes)
- Browse the products and materials
- When you first select a product, it will take you to the SIGN-UP page
- Fill in your details
- Start adding products to your Shortlist!
- When you return, you will find the products listed through selecting the 'My House' button at the top of the page.
- Have fun!