Timber Open Frame (with Wood Fibre Insulation )
The structure of the building is made up of timber stud framework which is infilled with insulation and clad with boarding on the inside and with a variety of possible claddings on the outside - including timber, brick or tiles. An open-frame is one where the timber structure is first erected followed by infilling and cladding.
In this variety of open-frame that includes wood-fibre insulation, the racking board is relocated from cladding the outside of the frame through to the inside. Then together with flexible insulation infilling the stud frame and timber fibre boarding added to the outside, a build-up of considerable depth provides high levels of insulation.
To learn more about the Timber Open-Frame as a building system see also 'Choosing a Building System'
OR Brick Cladding
Render Paint (for render)
Timber Stain (for timber cladding)
Some timber doesn't require the protection of a stain/paint. Species such as larch, oak and red cedar weather naturally. Ask the timber supplier for more details.
Wood Fibre Rigid Insulation
Timber Frame Suppliers
Internal Lining Board .
Use a lining board if you are building-in a service zone for pipes and electrics
Make a Shortlist
- Select a Wall Material System ( or Roofing, Windows, Doors or Finishes)
- Browse the products and materials
- When you first select a product, it will take you to the SIGN-UP page
- Fill in your details
- Start adding products to your Shortlist!
- When you return, you will find the products listed through selecting the 'My House' button at the top of the page.
- Have fun!